Tough-tested real-time PCR
Features & Benefits
- ToughMix additives neutralize PCR inhibitors to ensure reliable assay performance with a spectrum of starting materials including: clinical specimens, plants, soil, environmental or complex food matrices
- Superior assay sensitivity and target precision with AccuStart™ II enzyme technology – maximum-yielding, engineered Taq DNA polymerase with stringent, ultrapure antibody hotstart
- Easy-to-use 2X concentrated master mixes with AccuVue™ plate loading dye and optimized passive reference dye for simplified reaction setup
- Supports efficient vortex mixing with proprietary anti-foaming technology
Consistent and reliable performance with exceptional reagent stability (uninhibited after 20X freeze-thaw or 30 days at 22°C)
PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix is intended for molecular biology applications. This product is not intended for the diagnosis, prevention or treatment of a disease.
PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix is a 2X concentrated ready-to-use reaction cocktail for PCR amplification of DNA templates that relieves several types of PCR inhibition commonly encountered with crude extracts, environmental specimens, plant tissues, animal tissues, and complex food matrices. This robust real-time qPCR reagent provides maximum sensitivity and PCR efficiency with a variety of fluorogenic probe chemistries, including TaqMan® hydrolysis probes. The only user-supplied components are primers, probe(s), and DNA template. Pre-blended with inert AccuVue plate loading dye to help minimize pipette errors during setup and provides visual confirmation of thorough mixing. A key component of PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix is an ultra pure, highly processive thermostable DNA polymerase that is combined with high avidity monoclonal antibodies. This proprietary polymerase mix is highly resistant to PCR inhibitors and provides an extremely stringent automatic hot-start allowing reaction assembly, and temporary storage, at room temperature prior to PCR amplification. PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix delivers exceptional performance with either fast or conventional PCR cycling protocols. UNG containing versions are blended with Uracil N-glycosylase to eliminate potential post-PCR carryover contamination associated with routine molecular testing.
Single-tube, 2X concentrated reagent containing:
- Reaction buffer with optimized concentrations of molecular-grade MgCl2, dATP, dCTP, dGTP, dTTP.
- AccuStart II Taq DNA Polymerase.
- Inert AccuVue dye.
- Proprietary enzyme stabilizers and performance-enhancing additives.
- Titrated reference dye (if applicable).
Storage & Handling
- Store components in a constant temperature freezer at -25°C to -15°C protected from light upon receipt.
- Repeated freezing and thawing does not affect PCR performance.
- After thawing, mix thoroughly before using.
- For lot specific expiry date, refer to package label, Certificate of Analysis or Product Specification Form.
Customer Profile Stories
- Kiwi Ingenuity: Bigger is not Necessarily Better at Solving Complex Scientific Problems
- Developing a Fast and Sensitive qPCR Assay to Improve Field-Based TB Testing in Africa
- Manual PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix
- Manual PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix, ROX
- Manual PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix, Low ROX
- Manual PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix, UNG
- Manual PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix, UNG, ROX
- Manual PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix, UNG, Low ROX
- SDS 95112-012 Perfecta qPCR ToughMix, 1250R
- SDS 95112-05K Perfecta qPCR ToughMix, 5000R
- SDS 95112-250 Perfecta qPCR ToughMix, 250R
- SDS 95113-012 Perfecta qPCR ToughMix, ROX 1250R
- SDS 95113-05K Perfecta qPCR ToughMix, ROX 5000R
- SDS 95114-012 PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix, Low ROX 1250R
- SDS 95114-05K PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix, Low ROX 5000R
- SDS 95114-250 PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix, Low ROX 250R
- SDS 95138-012 Perfecta qPCR ToughMix, UNG, 1250R
- SDS 95138-05K Perfecta qPCR ToughMix, UNG, 5000R
- SDS 95139-012 Perfecta qPCR ToughMix, UNG, ROX 1250R
- SDS 95139-05K Perfecta qPCR ToughMix, UNG, ROX 5000R
- SDS 95140-012 PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix, UNG, Low ROX 1250R
- SDS 95140-05K PerfeCTa qPCR ToughMix, UNG, Low ROX 5000R
At-home oral bacteria collection using a lollipop-based microfluidic device
Wan-chen Tu – 2023