The Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS Panel enables highly efficient, sensitive and specific microbial identification by targeting the 16S rRNA (V1-V9) and ITS genes in a single primer pool, along with a simple two-hour workflow.
- Targets the entire 16S rRNA gene (V1-V9) and the Fungal ITS1 and ITS2 genes
- Unique multiplex PCR chemistry generates diverse clusters without PhiX or phased primers, saving up to 25% of sequencing costs
Fast workflow, high-quality data
- From DNA to Illumina® compatible libraries within 2 hours
- Faster turnaround time with 2×150 or 2×300 read lengths
- Sensitive and Specific
- Accurate quantification, with 100% sensitivity observed with mock microbial communities (ATCC® MSA-1003TM), and 100% specificity validated with microbial isolates.
- Detection and characterization of bacterial and fungal structure in complex samples
- Metagenomics: Bacteria, Archaea, Fungi
- Environmental: Air, Water, Wastewater
- Agriculture: Plant microbiome, Soil – ITS for fungal
- Microbiome: Human – skin, GI tract, stool, vagina, Plant – surface, roots and soil
- Forensics: Microbiome to establish time of death
The Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS workflow uses a fast, single-tube approach consisting of a 70-minute target enrichment amplification step and a 20-minute adapter ligation step, yielding a 2-hour start-to-finish procedure.
The single-tube workflow includes two steps that generate the multiplex amplicon targets and then add a unique combination of Illumina-compatible indexed adapters, creating up to 96 uniquely-indexed libraries for multiplexing on a single sequencing run.
What sample types are compatible with the Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS Panel?
- This panel is compatible with a wide variety of DNA types, including but not limited to DNA from environmental samples, gut microbiomes, and soil samples.
How much DNA is required for the Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS Panel?
- We recommend 1-50 ng input DNA. It is recommended that input DNA concentration be determined using Qubit, or a similar fluorometric method, as it will accurately represent the double-stranded DNA content of your sample. Sample purity should be determined by spectrophotometry (260/280).
How long does the protocol take to complete?
- The protocol takes approximately 2 hours from input DNA until finished library ready for quantification.
What targets are covered by this panel?
- This panel covers the entire 16S rRNA gene (V1-V9), along with the Fungal ITS1 and ITS2.
How do I analyze Swift Amplicon Swift Amplicon 16S+ ITS Panel data?
- Data from this panel can be analyzed using the following tools:
– Illumina’s 16S Metagenomics BaseSpace
– Illumina’s ITS Metagenomics BaseSpace App
– RDP Tools
Please Note: Other analysis tools are available; however, these have not yet been internally validated.
- Cat # AL-51648 Swift Amplicon 16S+ITS Plus Panel
The below solutions are included with your product. If you require extra, please advise:
- Cat # 90196 PEG NaCl Solution (96 rxns)
- Cat # 90296 Low EDTA TE (96 rxns)